Rent Café Conference Recap
Rent Café is the marketing software that Curry Real Estate Services uses to showcase our multi-family properties. Potential residents can browse floor plans, amenities and pictures, and when they are ready to make one of our properties their home, they can even apply for housing online. For our current residents, they can log in to make a payment or submit a service request. Rent Café allows us to streamline services not only for our residents, but also for our property managers. With Rent Café, our property managers can capture leads and utilize features like the new nudge marketing campaigns to better attract potential residents.
At Curry Real Estate Services, we believe that continuous education is crucial to fulfilling the Curry standard of excellence. That is why Effie Tymony, administrative assistant, attended the annual Rent Café conference in Dallas, Texas, April 25-27, to bring back best practices that will help us better serve our residents and streamline the renting process for property managers.
Some of the new features for residents and prospects that Effie learned about and that we look forward to exploring more include:
- Property linking: The software now allows similar properties to be linked together to allow easier property searching for potential residents. For example, all of our properties in Liberty can now be linked together so those looking for a property in a specific area can find their home without scrolling through multiple pages.
- Surveys: We can now automatically send our residents a survey, three, six or 12 months after their move-in to ensure that they are still satisfied with their experience. Taking the time to hear from our residents early in their lease and answer their questions and concerns helps us better serve them and benefits all our residents.
- Texting capabilities: Rather than calling to inquire about a property, potential residents can text us to learn more, saving time and making the inquiry process pain-free.
New features for property owners include:
- Nudge marketing campaigns: Nudge marketing campaigns are pop-ups that offer potential residents freebies such as a waived application fee or $50 off their first month’s rent. We can now set these to launch on certain pages to give potential residents another reason to contact us or apply! If you’re a property owner interested in this feature, let us know.
- Craigslist ads: All of our open units can be posted automatically to Craigslist, just another way to make it easier for potential residents to find a property. Because out property managers utilize Craigslist already, this new automatic posting will save them the hassle of manually inputting open units to the site.
We are excited to have this knowledge that Effie brought back from the conference and to start exploring how we can use these features to enhance potential residents and current residents online user experience.